What happens on Sundays?
Sundays are a bit like the family gathering of God’s people.
- As we come together we want to listen to God our heavenly Father speak, so the Bible is read and someone spends some time exploring the things we read and how they apply to our lives. There is generally a chance to ask questions about what was read and said.
- We spend some time talking to God in prayer, usually led by someone out the front. Sometimes there is a chance for anyone who wants to, to pray – but no one is required to pray out loud.
- We spend some time singing some songs that remind us about who God is and what he’s done. There are really only two places that Australian’s sing together; at the football and at church – that’s because football and God are two things that people get passionate about!
- Sometimes someone will get up and talk a bit about what God has been doing in their life, or share the story of how they came to start trusting in Jesus. We regularly celebrate the Lord’s Supper together which is fully explained at the time.
- We end our time by sharing morning tea or supper together. This is a chance to find out more informally about what’s going on in each other’s lives, how we can pray for and encourage each other. It’s a chance to meet new people or to ask the speaker some more questions. Hang around, grab a coffee and a bit of slice and meet some new people.